Just a (not so) quick message, I am currently undertaking some primary research for my final year thesis at Leeds Metropolitan University in England.
The chosen focus of this research is TZM and is an attempt to gauge the cultural significance, relevance and dynamics of the movement, directly from its supporters.
I humbly ask that you take part in a short qualitative questionnaire I have drafted, so that I might realize the goals of my research.
Rather than attach the necessary files (as some people have voiced their skepticism about opening files with mysterious and unknown origins), I have simply copied the text and pasted it below, so that you might read through it and type up your answers accordingly should you choose to participate.
I have had responses from a handful of people, to whom I am extremely grateful, however I still do not have an adequate amount of data to go forth and analyse.
So, in the spirit of human collaboration as is a fundamental principle advocated by The Zeitgeist Movement, please take a few moments of your life to assist me in achieving a degree!
ALL RESPONSES CAN BE EMAILED TO ME AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Survey Questionnaire Covering Note.
Dissertation Study Title: What is the cultural significance of The Zeitgeist Movement as a social movement and sustainability advocacy organisation? What does it mean to be involved, on a personal and social level, and what attracts people to it?
Dear reader, firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this. I would also like to invite you to complete the attached questionnaire.
The purpose of this questionnaire is to gain a compelling insight from supporters of The Zeitgeist Movement, both those directly involved and those who are not, in order to answer the questions posed for the aforementioned university dissertation I am currently undertaking at Leeds Metropolitan University, England. It is entirely up to you whether you participate in this research; however your input and responses are highly valued. Not only will your responses contribute to the realization and completion of my final year university dissertation, but the research itself will prove valuable in contributing to the growing recognition and academic attention towards The Zeitgeist Movement. I neither need your name nor any identifying and sensitive details (However, your age and gender is required for the purpose of analysis) the questionnaire can be completed anonymously and all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure confidentiality. Responses from completed questionnaires will collated for analysis; once this is complete the original questionnaires will be disposed of appropriately.
Instructions for completion:
The data I aim to collect is qualitative, thus there are no set answers to the questions, no multiple choice and no right or wrong answer. I would like you to answer in your own words, as truthfully as possible. Furthermore, answers to the questions may be as short or as long you feel appropriate. You are not obliged to answer all the questions, although it would be conducive to data analysis if all questions are answered. Feel free to complete the questions in whichever format you prefer, whether on the question sheet provided, on a separate word document or in an email, so long as your answers are numbered correctly.
I must ask that if you are under the age of 16 to please not participate in this research.
In accordance with Leeds Metropolitan Universityís ethical guidelines and the Data Protection Act, by submitting a response you are giving your informed consent for the data to be used in the study previously described. You also have the right to withdraw at any time, which can be done via the email I have provided.
All completed questionnaires and any questions or queries regarding the questionnaires can be emailed to me or my supervisor at: t.James7574@student.leedsmet.ac.uk
For those of you who choose to participate, I am extremely grateful and look forward to receiving your responses.
1. How and when did you first become aware of The Zeitgeist Movement?
2. Do you class yourself as a supporter of The Zeitgeist Movement? Do you sympathise with the ideas and concepts expressed? If so, can you please explain why and what initially attracted you to it.
3. How would you describe your involvement in the movement? Are you directly involved through regional or international chapters? Are you a general supporter of the ideas expressed? Do you engage in the spreading of ideas advocated by the movement outside of their designated platforms?
4. Do you think it is important or relevant to become directly involved in the movement?
5. Do you encourage or support the movement in any other way? (For example, donating money or sharing ideas)
6. How easy do you feel it is to participate in the movement?
7. Would you like to be more closely or directly involved with the movementís awareness raising projects? If so, why? If the answer is yes, is there anything prohibiting you from doing so?
8. Do you hold any criticisms towards the movement and the ideas it advocates? Is there any aspect that you are critical or skeptical of?
9. What do you feel is the relevance of The Zeitgeist Movement in contemporary society?
10. What do you think is the significance of The Zeitgeist Movement primarily being an internet based practice of education and awareness? Is this a positive or negative attribute, or both?
11. How likely do you think it is that The Zeitgeist Movement will achieve or realise its ultimate goal of a Resource Based Economy? What do you think it will take to do so and why?
Feel free to type up your answers in a separate word document or in an email, and make sure to number them correctly.
Thanks again to anyone who responds and apologies for spam-like nature of this endeavor.