Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: We have just passed the carbon tipping point of 400 parts per million.....forever.

  1. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I have never gotten paid anything to post something on this forum, and I am not expecting payment from anyone for anything I have ever posted on this forum, either. I don't need to get paid to post anything, here; spreading truth and awareness is its own reward, to me.

    Now it's your turn to answer the question. How much are you getting paid to spam this forum with this crony capitalism hysteria propaganda? How much do you have invested in carbon credit trading?
    Not nearly enough. I'm operating in a cubicle 20 miles south in New Delhi getting paid 15 cents an hour. Internet trolling is a racket. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in tears and the losses in forum bans.

    Im here for the same reason you are. I just disagree that its not as severe as Dyson says it is. And yes i've heard of Jacque Fresco. I don't see why you ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

    If you're not referring to the thread with Freeman Dyson, when you claim I spammed this forum, which ones are you referring to? How do you define "spammed"? What is "anti-climate change rhetoric"?
    Oh just this:

    YouTube: Global Warming and Human Extinction - Guy McPherson
    YouTube: Dr. R. A. Muller / 1st International Conference on Climate, Nature & Society
    YouTube: CO2 is Irrelevant - Piers Corbyn on the BBC Dec 2015
    YouTube: Dr. Patrick Moore Testimony in US Senate Subcommittee
    YouTube: Nobel Laureate Smashes the Global Warming Hoax
    YouTube: Professor Bob Carter PhD on Global Warming

    Half the front page are threads by you, often linking videos to climate change skeptics, generally with the common consensus that climate change isn't real, or that it is real, and that it isn't that big of a deal, so we shouldn't do anything about it. "Anti climate change rhetoric" are cases made on the other end of the climate change debate that either it is a natural phenomenon, we don't know enough about it, or that its happening alot slower than expected; so therefore we shouldn't do anything about it. Or that global warming is a good thing, because plants need Co2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

    What evidence do you have that the scientists I did post are paid by companies like Exxon? What do you mean by companies like Exxon, and what is the significance of being a company like Exxon?
    The only reason I brought that up is because when I typed "Tim Ball Climate Change" on google, I found this on the first page:
    ExxonSecrets Factsheet: Tim Ball, PhD

    Thats not to say all of your data is funded by Exxon mobile, that would be silly. When I say companies like Exxon, I mean the fact that money talks, and you can pay any company to go out and find research that is in line with your business model for the sake of self preservation. Exxon Mobile is a multinational gas and oil company.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

    I suppose you can subjectively label respected scientists and professors as fringe if you want to because they don't agree with your beliefs, but that doesn't mean anyone else has to take you seriously. What is serious is what the scienists in the climategate incident did; for a scientist to hide the decline in data is objectively corrupt. I think being objectively corrupt is far worse than being subjectively fringe.
    I agree, however, it doesn't change that the sea levels are rising, that the great barrier reefs are in decline, that 13 or so out of the last 15 summers have been the hottest on record, that hurricanes are growing stronger and more frequent, and that the ice caps are in decline.

    I understand that money talks, but it seems to me that the money favors hydrocarbons over renewable energy at the moment.
    Ernest, HAL9000, Phil and 2 others like this.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    Internet trolling is a racket. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in tears and the losses in forum bans.
    almost spilled my coffee from laughter
    Ernest likes this.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    113
    yeah cuz its funny when ppl dont get 2 perticipate srsly dud d only 1 dat think musical chairs is funny is mentally challanged n i dont got anythin agenst d rl "retards"

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    405
    If you don't believe in anthropomorphic climate change don't worry, you'll warm up to it.
    Ernest, r06ue1, HAL9000 and 1 others like this.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    113
    im sry did u speak w sum1

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifee View Post
    im sry did u speak w sum1
    No one in particular. Just an amusing saying I like to use. Dark humor.
    HAL9000 and Ernest like this.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    Not nearly enough.
    Are you saying that you are getting paid but not enough? LMAO! Well tell me, how much would be enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    I'm operating in a cubicle 20 miles south in New Delhi getting paid 15 cents an hour.
    This is an incomplete dataset that you're providing in order to get any kind of useful information, out of it. You would need to provide more to it, such as the monthly cost of living, and how many hours a month you work.

    Here in the part of the US where I live, the hourly rate at a full time job (40 hrs/wk) for making a decent living is around $30/hr (200x what you make), but a mortgage for example could be around $1,400/month.

    If you want to bring up your hourly wage, include everything else that's needed along with it. Otherwise, it's just a meaningless zinger. In a monetary system, what matters for an individual is the purchasing power at their disposal, not just the hourly rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    Internet trolling is a racket. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in tears and the losses in forum bans.
    I wouldn't doubt it.

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    Im here for the same reason you are.
    Great! Why not, then, go around spreading awareness of TZM and the solutions it proposes for human-caused global warming, human-caused climate change, human-caused climate disruption, or whatever the new label is, to those who subscribe to that notion, rather than coming here on this forum to perpetuate this carbon tipping point alarmism?

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    I just disagree that its not as severe as Dyson says it is.
    Why? (I suggest you at least go over my next response before you attempt to come up with a reply, to this.)

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    And yes i've heard of Jacque Fresco.
    Are you familiar with some of the stuff he has said - particularly this, below?


    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    I don't see why you ask.
    I don't care; I have my reasons for why I ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    Oh just this:

    YouTube: Global Warming and Human Extinction - Guy McPherson
    YouTube: Dr. R. A. Muller / 1st International Conference on Climate, Nature & Society
    YouTube: CO2 is Irrelevant - Piers Corbyn on the BBC Dec 2015
    YouTube: Dr. Patrick Moore Testimony in US Senate Subcommittee
    YouTube: Nobel Laureate Smashes the Global Warming Hoax
    YouTube: Professor Bob Carter PhD on Global Warming

    Half the front page are threads by you, often linking videos to climate change skeptics, generally with the common consensus that climate change isn't real, or that it is real, and that it isn't that big of a deal, so we shouldn't do anything about it. "Anti climate change rhetoric" are cases made on the other end of the climate change debate that either it is a natural phenomenon, we don't know enough about it, or that its happening alot slower than expected; so therefore we shouldn't do anything about it.
    I'm a member on this forum, and I can post whatever I want to as long as I'm not violating the forum rules. These posts I made are in the relevant and appropriate section of this forum.

    Posting multiple threads on this forum does not make it spam; many members on this forum post many things that are relevant on this forum. Attacking members on this forum by calling them spammers is against the rules and can get you banned, because you're being disrespectful by doing that. You don't get to just label anything you want to on this forum as spam just because it destroys the narrative you want to push.

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    Or that global warming is a good thing, because plants need Co2.
    Show me who's saying that global warming is a good thing because plants need CO2. Global warming and CO2 are 2 different things; they're not one in the same, as you're trying to portray them. CO2 is good for plants for the same reason oxygen is good for animals; it's what they breathe and need to live.

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    The only reason I brought that up is because when I typed "Tim Ball Climate Change" on google, I found this on the first page:
    ExxonSecrets Factsheet: Tim Ball, PhD
    What is this actually supposed to prove? One of the things it has, which tells me how contemptuously biased it is, is this: "Ball is also a writer for Tech Central Station, a climate denial website run by the PR firm DCI Group."

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    Thats not to say all of your data is funded by Exxon mobile, that would be silly. When I say companies like Exxon, I mean the fact that money talks, and you can pay any company to go out and find research that is in line with your business model for the sake of self preservation. Exxon Mobile is a multinational gas and oil company.
    All of this is inherently inconclusive. Yes, it's a conflict of interest when it comes to AGW if there is in fact AGW; otherwise it's nothing more than circular reasoning (they're bad companies because AGW exists; AGW exists because they're bad companies), or something to that effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    I agree, however, it doesn't change that the sea levels are rising, that the great barrier reefs are in decline, that 13 or so out of the last 15 summers have been the hottest on record, that hurricanes are growing stronger and more frequent, and that the ice caps are in decline.
    None of these things happening proves that man did something to cause them, or that this is the first time these things are happening. The climate changes; the climate has always changed ever since there has been a climate for the Earth's 4.5 billion years of existence. Same with the land and sea. It's not as though everything was static until - oh no! - mankind came in to existence and everything suddently started changing; it's ridiculous and absurd to believe something like that. Are you even aware that the atmosphere's CO2 levels were up in the several thousands of PPMs in the Earth's past? Are you aware that CO2 levels at 400 PPM might actually be dangerously low for plant life? Do you think we pump greenhouses full of CO2 because we're getting tricked by Exxon into believing something that isn't true?

    Quote Originally Posted by H0arx0r View Post
    I understand that money talks, but it seems to me that the money favors hydrocarbons over renewable energy at the moment.
    Yes of course, money talks. What do you think carbon markets/credits/taxes are? It's the sort of thing that crony capitalists desire.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    almost spilled my coffee from laughter
    LOL - you can relate to that?

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    113
    y did u like his post but not mine=/

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,900
    There 'may' be no absolute proof that humans are contributing to climate change, although the evidence is certainly mounting....and convincing

    But 'we are the only species' on the planet (the self-proclaimed intelligent one?) contributing to the pollution/DEATH that grows larger every day along with our obsessive consumption of useless crap.....

    Lets debate 'that' for a bit......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
web statistics
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1