Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: "Jacque Fresco - Politics and Legislation" - YouTube

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Posts
    1,171

    "Jacque Fresco - Politics and Legislation" - YouTube

    This essentially shows that anarchism, as the opposite of socialism, has far more in common with TZM & TVP:


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This essentially shows that anarchism, as the opposite of socialism, has far more in common with TZM & TVP:

    Doesn't anarchism oppose hierarchy according to Wikipedia? Hierarchy is a necessity because certain individuals with more experience and/or natural leadership abilities like say in a job or something like that should be allowed to shine in order to move humanity forward.
    Neil likes this.
    "Change is almost always negative. Things degenerate." - Woody Allen

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    Doesn't anarchism oppose hierarchy according to Wikipedia? Hierarchy is a necessity because certain individuals with more experience and/or natural leadership abilities like say in a job or something like that should be allowed to shine in order to move humanity forward.
    It appears you are misconstruing hierarchy with the division of labour. A hierarchy is rigid whereas in a RBE/socialist society the division of labour would be fluid and flexible where the whole team are composed of leaders with the small 'L'. In effect a team of voluntary unpaid associated producers working for the common good.
    Ernest and droneBEE like this.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It appears you are misconstruing hierarchy with the division of labour. A hierarchy is rigid whereas in a RBE/socialist society the division of labour would be fluid and flexible where the whole team are composed of leaders with the small 'L'. In effect a team of voluntary unpaid associated producers working for the common good.
    That's actually not logically possible because notice that the most amazing discoveries and inventions come from a single person. By definition, if a single person is responsible for it, all credit should be given to that person so it's not possible for a multitude of leaders with a lowercase "L" to "lead the way." The original inventor must be designated as "leader" in order for him/her to show all other persons involved the what and the how.

    In addition, it's naive to think something as grand as being unpaid would motivate individuals to trying to take things to the next level. Such amazing discovery occurrences can only happen in a situation where there is isolation/individuality or something negative (or a cumulation of negative experiences) in a person's life that would thus give him/her a perception/discovery of something amazing. This cannot fully happen or at the minimum happen in the manifestation of the full potential with regard to the process of amazing discovery/innovation.

    I know the notion of being unpaid can sound quite appealing in the current moment but it's really just an illusion. Out of negativity comes positivity and yes, out of positivity lies the possibility of negativity.
    "Change is almost always negative. Things degenerate." - Woody Allen

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,994
    As an 'un-paid' volunteer' for several decades already I'm compelled to say HUH?

    No one is an island, my friends......not even the genius inventor or the self=proclaimed 'know-it-alls'

    Unless one is a hermit (perhaps even then) no one is truly or completely independent (that's a Myth), but is in reality, totally and completely dependent on the community around them and is supporting them in all the ways most people just take for granted.....
    Last edited by droneBEE; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:47 AM.
    Ernest likes this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    Doesn't anarchism oppose hierarchy according to Wikipedia?
    Not sure why you're asking me this - did you check Wikipedia to find out for yourself? I would agree that anarchism is opposed to hierarchy, of that's what you're asking.

    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    Hierarchy is a necessity because certain individuals with more experience and/or natural leadership abilities like say in a job or something like that should be allowed to shine in order to move humanity forward.
    Makes sense to me; that would be a good reason for showing why it would be impossible for anarcho-capitalism to exist, and why anarchism can only exist under post scarcity conditions.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by droneBEE View Post
    As an 'un-paid' volunteer' for several decades already I'm compelled to say HUH?

    No one is an island, my friends......not even the genius inventor or the self=proclaimed 'know-it-alls'

    Unless one is a hermit (perhaps even then) no one is truly or completely independent (that's a Myth), but is in reality, totally and completely dependent on the community around them and is supporting them in all the ways most people just take for granted.....
    I was referring to "breakthroughs" or "groundbreaking discoveries." Context is everything droneBEE......
    "Change is almost always negative. Things degenerate." - Woody Allen

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Not sure why you're asking me this - did you check Wikipedia to find out for yourself? I would agree that anarchism is opposed to hierarchy, of that's what you're asking.


    Makes sense to me; that would be a good reason for showing why it would be impossible for anarcho-capitalism to exist, and why anarchism can only exist under post scarcity conditions.
    My point was to simply stress the need for hierarchy.
    "Change is almost always negative. Things degenerate." - Woody Allen

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    My point was to simply stress the need for hierarchy.
    Ok; refer to my response about this, to you, in the other thread.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    I was referring to "breakthroughs" or "groundbreaking discoveries." Context is everything droneBEE......
    Really? I always thought it was 'substance'......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
web statistics
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1