Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Entitlements...

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    276
    > They're small, underpowered, no fun, and look funny.

    Not everyone needs a huge vehicle. :-)

    I'm reminded that in London the average traffic speed for cars is 9mph, so more power isn't necessarily going to be that useful in an urban environment. :-)

    Funny looking I reckon can be improved upon.

    In time though, as regulations allow, and solar panels improve in performance, and battery capacity goes up, weight goes down, then they will be less and less underpowered.


    I reckon at the moment you could have a 3 seater quad motorbike version with a 4kw electric motor running under solar power with a top speed around 50mph, which I think might make it market friendly, what do you reckon ?

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    276
    > there is no justification for that.

    Oh there is !

    Sadly..

    In part because of this drive to create more green subsidised energy production..

    So its out with the cheap coal power stations, and in with the expensive wind and solar..


    Another big part of the increase is the replacement cost for the distribution network, aka The National Grid, that has been neglected for some time and is super expensive to replace !

    National Grid says upgrade will cost 31 billion | Reuters
    > National Grid says upgrade will cost 31 billion

    (Part of the reason why take up of green power has been a bit slow here is that there is a waiting list years long to connect your wind turbine to the grid, due to lack of capacity.)

    The profit margin in electricity production is quite low, so low that no ones been investing much in building new power stations for so long, we might run out of electricity !

    'UK faces widespread winter electricity blackouts', report warns - ITV News
    > 'UK faces widespread winter electricity blackouts', report warns

    Luckily where I am, we have a big power stations, plus one in reserve and are due to build another one soon. (Oil based..)


    Hence, is folk have solar panels on their vehicles, they have a more reliable way to charge their vehicles than just relying on the normal electricity supply. (Even though from a technical point of view, something like battery swap technology would be the most efficient solution.)

    But in time, one might develop the infrastructure for battery swap technology, as it could go hand in hand with solar vehicles. (Eg. design them with battery swap technology in mind.)

    As this could help solve the recharge time problem kinda inherit in battery vehicles.

    Though such a solution has been technically possible for like a hundred years. :-)

    Many of these things are a catch 22 situation, not taken up because of a lack of infrastructure, kinda like electric car charge points.

    Amusingly there is one near me now, but it used to be free, but now it costs more to use than it would cost to fill up on petrol/diesel ! ( $10 to recharge! for 100 mile range.. )

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    276
    UK isn't the only country expecting high increases in prices:

    SUNDAY TIMES - Electricity prices forecast to surge by 93% in eight years

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by YouTuber View Post
    Which kinda makes sense, because who wants to follow someone who is unemployed and homeless, as it does not show they have what it takes to get things done, if they cannot sort out their own life.
    Well, the wrench thrown into that theory would be Jesus who "had not where to lay his head" and is the most popular leader of all time.

    I think I notice a pattern where by if the leader has a job, a house, partner, kids, a vehicle, that they are considered wise to follow.
    Gallagher: That's why when you're done listenin' to a politician, you just say, "What did he say?" He said, "Vote for me, I'm a nice guy." That's basically all he wants you to base your decision on. Just "I'm a nice guy. How do you like my coat? Here's my family." Oh good, his d*** works. Gallagher: Over Your Head (1984) - Quotes - IMDb

    I suppose if you can't head a family then you can't head anything else.

    Though I've noticed that those who promise unicorns and free stuff without work get more followers than those that promise rewards from hard work and toil..
    That almost worked with Bernie, but Trump promised jobs and people would rather work I guess

    Take 'Orange', is that a good name for a mobile phone company !
    No no, you're watching too much monty python lol. I heard on the grapevine Grape Ape. Oranges rhyme with door hinges and syringes. No good. Grapevine is a decent name for a phone company.

    If you don't think a name matters, ask the boy named Sue

    Last edited by SophicDrippins; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:38 PM.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by YouTuber View Post
    > They're small, underpowered, no fun, and look funny.

    Not everyone needs a huge vehicle. :-)
    No. A neighbor of mine has a huge diesel truck and he goes to the corner store constantly... at least twice a day plus going to work and back. He doesn't baby it either. It's almost as if he's trying to be as annoying as possible. I support people having whatever vehicle they want, but that guy bugs me being such a great waster.

    Then one day he comes home towing the biggest side-by-side atv I have ever seen.

    Something like this:



    And he rides it up n down the street, back seats and all with just him in it.

    All I can figure is that he's compensating for something.



    I'm reminded that in London the average traffic speed for cars is 9mph, so more power isn't necessarily going to be that useful in an urban environment. :-)
    9 mph?!? Heck, I can run that fast lol

    Funny looking I reckon can be improved upon.

    In time though, as regulations allow, and solar panels improve in performance, and battery capacity goes up, weight goes down, then they will be less and less underpowered.

    I reckon at the moment you could have a 3 seater quad motorbike version with a 4kw electric motor running under solar power with a top speed around 50mph, which I think might make it market friendly, what do you reckon ?
    I reckon you're right.



    Electric is the future. Every gokart I've seen that has been converted to electric has been impressive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDW6k__ms6M

    We're just waiting for all the stuff you said to come to pass. In the meantime, start thinking of a killer name! Actually, TZM might be ok for a mean machine
    YouTuber and Ernest like this.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by YouTuber View Post
    > there is no justification for that.

    Oh there is !

    Sadly..

    In part because of this drive to create more green subsidised energy production..

    So its out with the cheap coal power stations, and in with the expensive wind and solar..
    That's no justification. They should butt-out and let solar/wind/whatever advance to the point that it steals the show from big oil by being better and cheaper. This push to be green is taking lots of green from regular people.

    That's what Lord Monckton was on about in the molyneux video I posted... that people are dying because money is being wasted.

    FWD to 1:03:00



    "Around 6 million per year are dying because the international community is spending 10x as much trying to prevent global warming as they would spend lifting everyone out of poverty and giving them electricity. They have the deaths of 10s of millions on their hands."

    Green or not, people need electricity now... and it needs to be cheap. 27 cents per KWH is ridiculous.

    Another big part of the increase is the replacement cost for the distribution network, aka The National Grid, that has been neglected for some time and is super expensive to replace !
    Like oil, copper is fairly cheap due to the strong USD. China is piling metals in huge piles because they don't know what to do with it all. Everything you need is just laying around in people's way. I'm still not seeing any justification.
    YouTuber likes this.

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    276
    > They should butt-out and let solar/wind/whatever advance to the point
    > that it steals the show from big oil by being better and cheaper.

    Totally agree with you there.


    I suspect that a lot of folk in green groups aren't really there to help the planet, but to stop or slow down progress.

    I was reading the other day about how we shouldn't plant trees, because they are bad for the environment !

    And windmills which once was given a thing we needed, are now hated things by many green groups..
    SophicDrippins likes this.

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    276
    > We're just waiting for all the stuff you said to come to pass.

    It's already passed, like George Stephenson and his Rocket steam engine, we just have to wait for someone to assemble all the parts.
    Last edited by YouTuber; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:57 PM. Reason: Spelling error

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by YouTuber View Post
    Take 'Orange', is that a good name for a mobile phone company !
    Orange is a great name for a mobile company, actually it is one of the biggest phone companies where i live.

    But at the end of the day it is the company that makes the name, not the name that makes the company.... it is the same with a person's name.

    Our brains think by associations so they associate the name of the company with its attributes and qualities....
    if the company is good they think the name is good, if the company is bad they think the name is bad.


    The only way to check if a company's name is "good" is in the initial stages, before any reputation was established.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    But at the end of the day it is the company that makes the name, not the name that makes the company.... it is the same with a person's name.

    Our brains think by associations so they associate the name of the company with its attributes and qualities....
    if the company is good they think the name is good, if the company is bad they think the name is bad.
    What you say is true, but I think even the shapes of letters have an influence. I'm sure there is considerable study on that subject.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
web statistics
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1