Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How to Forgive Anyone in 120 seconds or Less

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by droneBEE View Post
    ....we all stand alone Brother.....IMO; YOU just lack any sense of respect or decency in your loneliness ...


    As a society, those who fought in WWII were considerably less knowledgeable about the World...(NIEVE) ...They believed they were fighting against imperialism when they were actually just fighting for a different kind of empire, is all..

    Those we've sent to War since WWII are/were no less brave than those who were convinced that storming beaches was a 'good idea' .

    Your Saying and promoting such an opinion is a disservice to those who are currently in Uniform, who 'believe' they are 'serving' to protect YOU and ME and our way of Life (whether right or wrong)....

    ...and shows this Old Vet that YOU SophicDrippins....Don't Know What You're Talking about.....but as you keep telling everyone, you don't READ...so I guess we must afford you a 'little' leeway, no?



    Since you seem hell bent on sticking around, insisting on posting offensive and 'meaningless' material....I just have to ask this question....of SD, since his posts often contain these kinds of MYTHS;

    Have you ever worn a military uniform? Have you ever known or talked with any combat vets, from any war?....OR....are you just one of those RAMBO Wannabes, talking out your behind.....?
    Generation Snowflake, is a term used to characterize young adults of the 2010s as being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own. It is considered derogatory.[1][2] Some sources attribute the characteristics ascribed to Generation Snowflake to methods of parenting and education, particularly those that focus unduly on boosting self-esteem.

    Fox argues that Generation Snowflake was created by over-protecting people when they were children and she argued the emphasis on self-esteem in childhood resulted in adults "tiptoeing around children's sensitivities" to avoid "damaging their wellbeing".[8]

    In the UK, Tom Bennett was recruited by the government to address behaviour in schools.[12] He commented that Generation Snowflake children at school can be over-protected, leading to problems when they progress to university and are confronted with "the harsher realities of life".[12]

    Bennett argues being sheltered from conflict as children can lead to university students who react with intolerance towards people and things that they believe may offend someone or toward people who have differing political opinions, leading to a phenomenon called "no-platforming", where speakers on controversial topics such as abortion or atheism are prohibited from speaking on a university campus.[12]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

    It's the result of single-mothering and helicopter parents.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,900
    Thanks for 'dodging' the questions....par for the course w/ you, heh?

    Generation 'snowflake' or not......Could/would YOU put on a Uniform today....even for a cause worth fighting for? Would you even to be willing to join an 'All White' Army or militia? Or is the spread of racist propaganda as far as you're willing to go? Just asking....just wondering?????

    TBH; and I'm a no doubt a lot closer to that 'so-called' Greatest Generation than you are.....but I think that today's Youth are simply More AWARE (more coddled too) and More Tolerant than past generations....and its mostly a GOOD thing..

    BUT its also obvious to me that you don't talk to any REAL soldiers, or even veterans....You simply Ape the latest from the MSM or wherever and call it Good.......I don't know, maybe you don't talk to any REAL people and its all On Line (which would explain volumes) contacts for you...???? I'm trying to understand.....honestly....if I wasn't I would just ignore you....

    Remember; Your 'assumptions' are just that....Yours...only yours...
    Ernest likes this.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by droneBEE View Post
    Thanks for 'dodging' the questions....par for the course w/ you, heh?
    You are trying to figure out who I am so you can demonize me. You aren't asking questions about my argument, you're asking about me personally, which has nothing to do with the argument.

    The rules state:

    Please do not engage in personal attacks/ad hominem.

    An Ad Hominem argument/attack is characterized by arguing with and/or attacking the person instead of addressing the topic in question.

    Try not to respond to such attacks, except to politely expose the situation and redirect the discussion to the topic.


    So if I am dodging the question, it's because the rule says so.

    Generation 'snowflake' or not......Could/would YOU put on a Uniform today....even for a cause worth fighting for? Would you even to be willing to join an 'All White' Army or militia? Or is the spread of racist propaganda as far as you're willing to go? Just asking....just wondering?????
    I'd fight for something worth fighting for. I mean... I'm on here fighting for things not worth fighting for, so how much more would I fight if it were worth it?

    but I think that today's Youth are simply More AWARE (more coddled too) and More Tolerant than past generations....and its mostly a GOOD thing..
    More tolerant? More tolerant of homos, but less tolerant of religion. More tolerant of tattoos, but less tolerant of speech. This generation is one big FU to your generation.

    Grandpa fought in WWII and worked for half a century to be able to sit comfortably in his chair while having to watch a couple guys kissing on tv. And you complain that you should have to see molyneux... maybe you'd prefer some gay porn thrust in your face? Maybe you'd celebrate a couple guys getting it on without persecution while you persecute me for posting molyneux.

    I asked grandpa, "Did you ever think you'd live long enough to see guys kissing on tv?" He didn't know what to say.

    BUT its also obvious to me that you don't talk to any REAL soldiers, or even veterans....You simply Ape the latest from the MSM or wherever and call it Good.......I don't know, maybe you don't talk to any REAL people and its all On Line (which would explain volumes) contacts for you...???? I'm trying to understand.....honestly....if I wasn't I would just ignore you....
    No, you're looking for a way to demonize me. It reminds me of this:

    At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

    But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.


    You can only cast stones at me from a position of high moral ground.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by SophicDrippins View Post


    If you include the aggressors in WW2 as part of that generation (which they undoubtedly were), just look at the destruction upon the world that resulted. Millions upon millions were killed within a five-six year span while the "greatest generation(s)" lived up to their national standards of "bravery".

    I'll take a generation afraid of their own shadows over millions upon millions of dead any day. And I'm sure, if you ask a veteran who has seen war, they would too.
    Ernest and droneBEE like this.
    "The stress of nature never ends, but at a certain level still other driving forces originate which put the whip to the creative power of man with a multiplied force... The new relations are detected first by a few (with the finest moral tentacles), afterwards by more, then they are consolidated in rules which begin to push aside the earlier moral code and in the end eliminate it."

    "They who decry the loss of masculinity the loudest, are certain of it in themselves the least."

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by fsir View Post
    If you include the aggressors in WW2 as part of that generation (which they undoubtedly were), just look at the destruction upon the world that resulted. Millions upon millions were killed within a five-six year span while the "greatest generation(s)" lived up to their national standards of "bravery".

    I'll take a generation afraid of their own shadows over millions upon millions of dead any day. And I'm sure, if you ask a veteran who has seen war, they would too.
    It's not really to compare generations, but to illustrate how silly being afraid of words is.

    Oldtimers fearlessly worked coal mines and died. Checkout some of the old lumberjack photos. I just generally think people were braver in old times. I think society has coddled people to the point that they can't find anything more substantial to complain about. Food, shelter, iphone, car, healthcare, etc are all so easy to get that they may as well be considered "guaranteed", so people complain about hate speech and their feelings. All the bigger fish have been fried.

    WWII deaths:


  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by SophicDrippins View Post
    You are trying to figure out who I am so you can demonize me. You aren't asking questions about my argument, you're asking about me personally, which has nothing to do with the argument.

    The rules state:

    Please do not engage in personal attacks/ad hominem.

    An Ad Hominem argument/attack is characterized by arguing with and/or attacking the person instead of addressing the topic in question.

    Try not to respond to such attacks, except to politely expose the situation and redirect the discussion to the topic.


    So if I am dodging the question, it's because the rule says so.



    I'd fight for something worth fighting for. I mean... I'm on here fighting for things not worth fighting for, so how much more would I fight if it were worth it?



    More tolerant? More tolerant of homos, but less tolerant of religion. More tolerant of tattoos, but less tolerant of speech. This generation is one big FU to your generation.

    Grandpa fought in WWII and worked for half a century to be able to sit comfortably in his chair while having to watch a couple guys kissing on tv. And you complain that you should have to see molyneux... maybe you'd prefer some gay porn thrust in your face? Maybe you'd celebrate a couple guys getting it on without persecution while you persecute me for posting molyneux.

    I asked grandpa, "Did you ever think you'd live long enough to see guys kissing on tv?" He didn't know what to say.



    No, you're looking for a way to demonize me. It reminds me of this:

    At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

    But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.


    You can only cast stones at me from a position of high moral ground.



    Oh...so now you're comparing our little 'tiff' on the internet with ...Jesus's persecution? Really?

    Oh me oh my...we all gonna die....

    OK....I'll leave you alone if YOU stop assuming to know what the heck your talking about.....How's that? We got a deal?

    I don't through stones, you'd know it if I did...

    However, I take issue with and cast DOUBT on your assumptions/presumptions and generalizations....

    If you don't like it.....STOP doing it

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by SophicDrippins View Post
    Forgiveness can only happen when the offending party indicates a willingness to make a change or compromise. Without that willingness, forgiveness is really about "moral superiority" by feigning forgiveness.

    Example: "Even though Jack is a jerk, I'll forgive him because it's the admirable thing to do and is the higher moral ground." Cognitive dissonance can only result because you can't forgive someone with the belief that they will re-offend. Two conflicting beliefs causes cognitive dissonance.

    Therefore, forgiveness can only happen when there is a reason (or at least hope) that they will not re-offend.

    If you're married to someone who is unreasonable, forgiveness will not cause them to see reason; but only give you reason to feel morally superior about yourself.
    “Some people will never forgive, they are so loyal to their anger and hatred that they will stress and hurt themselves physically and psychologically for the rest of their lives because they will look at forgiveness as some sort of weakness, but that’s not true. It takes a very strong and wise person to forgive, to choose to be better than bitter.” - Prince Ea

    Just remember this SD,

    Hurt people, Hurt people
    droneBEE likes this.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    “Some people will never forgive, they are so loyal to their anger and hatred that they will stress and hurt themselves physically and psychologically for the rest of their lives because they will look at forgiveness as some sort of weakness, but that’s not true. It takes a very strong and wise person to forgive, to choose to be better than bitter.” - Prince Ea

    Just remember this SD,

    Hurt people, Hurt people



    Yes, this is so true......we inevitably become that which we feed the most....
    Ernest likes this.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    “Some people will never forgive, they are so loyal to their anger and hatred that they will stress and hurt themselves physically and psychologically for the rest of their lives because they will look at forgiveness as some sort of weakness, but that’s not true. It takes a very strong and wise person to forgive, to choose to be better than bitter.” - Prince Ea

    Just remember this SD,

    Hurt people, Hurt people
    Then stop hurting people with ad hominem attacks.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by SophicDrippins View Post
    Then stop hurting people with ad hominem attacks.

    You first....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
web statistics
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1