Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: “The Scholarchy” Model Versus A Resource Based Economy Model

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    424

    “The Scholarchy” Model Versus A Resource Based Economy Model

    THE SCHOLARCHY
    There would be no electoral college tie if we had The Scholarchy
    Economics, Power, and The Myers-Briggs in The Scholarchy

    According to the dude in the above three Youtube videos, he proposes a model based on level of education and age. I am just curious as to what supporters/proponents of the Zeitgeist Movement/Resource Based Economy would think.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,908
    As long as Everyone has the same opportunity to learn.......Right?

    Wouldn't it largely depend on what one has learned over some formatted (forced?) time frame? I detect a test of some sort..... Who's gonna do the testing?

    ......I know lots of knuckleheads in their 60's, 70's and 80's with and w/out some kind of alleged 'advanced' Degree who are either 'aware' of this world or they are not.....Meaning.... that some 'authority' would likely have to decide (who? ... and w/ what qualifications?) what certain members must 'know' in order to advance in this future society run by 'smart' people..... if I'm getting this train of thought right....

    Seems kinda elitist to me..... Tell me more....
    Neil and SophicDrippins like this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by droneBEE View Post
    As long as Everyone has the same opportunity to learn.......Right?

    Wouldn't it largely depend on what one has learned over some formatted (forced?) time frame? I detect a test of some sort..... Who's gonna do the testing?

    ......I know lots of knuckleheads in their 60's, 70's and 80's with and w/out some kind of alleged 'advanced' Degree who are either 'aware' of this world or they are not.....Meaning.... that some 'authority' would likely have to decide (who? ... and w/ what qualifications?) what certain members must 'know' in order to advance in this future society run by 'smart' people..... if I'm getting this train of thought right....

    Seems kinda elitist to me..... Tell me more....
    My sentiment with this is about the same. What's to stop those in power from gaming or corrupting the educational system to grant more degrees to those who are loyal to them, in order to gain more power or stay in power indefinitely? The desire for power and corruption may already be affecting part of our educational system; it seems evident in some cases, and seems to more easily impact the social sciences whereas something like mathematics or computer science seem to be immune. There's also government grants to those academics who write papers that support what the politicians or bureaucracy wants to be shown, or the impact on professions such as physicians with the medical or pharmaceutical industry; for example, how many so-called "alternative medicines" are really helpful or advantageous, yet are kept away from the general public?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    424
    You folks might actually have some good points. School or education can be full of propaganda and political correctness so they must promote the idea that we are all the same or equal. This includes indoctrinating kids into thinking that race doesn't exist or is merely just a social construct.
    SophicDrippins likes this.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    You folks might actually have some good points. School or education can be full of propaganda and political correctness so they must promote the idea that we are all the same or equal. This includes indoctrinating kids into thinking that race doesn't exist or is merely just a social construct.
    If you are going to propose a resource management philosophy for all of humanity, it should at least be accessible to and embracing of a variety of ability and intellects.

    Otherwise, it's kind of useless as a solution to human interaction, if by its nature, it effectively excludes other humans from participation.

    After all, you have to sell your resource management model to other people.

    But if your sales pitch is "You will never get out of capitalism what other groups get out of capitalism" you're not going to win many converts from a group with that sales pitch.
    Last edited by fsir; 11-05-2016 at 01:59 PM.
    droneBEE and Ernest like this.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by fsir View Post
    If you are going to propose a resource management philosophy for all of humanity, it should at least be accessible to and embracing of a variety of ability and intellects.
    If you actually watched all three videos in the above, it does do that.

    Otherwise, it's kind of useless as a solution to human interaction, if by its nature, it effectively excludes other humans from participation.
    Everyone is included in the model proposed but as Dr. Mike said, it ain't egalitarian.

    After all, you have to sell your resource management model to other people.

    But if your sales pitch is "You will never get out of capitalism what other groups get out of capitalism" you're not going to win many converts from a group with that sales pitch.
    I don't know if what Dr. Mike is proposing is capitalism per se. I don't know what you would call it. I guess you would call it "The Scholarchy."
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post



    I don't know if what Dr. Mike is proposing is capitalism per se. I don't know what you would call it. I guess you would call it "The Scholarchy."
    Not a rebuttal.
    "The stress of nature never ends, but at a certain level still other driving forces originate which put the whip to the creative power of man with a multiplied force... The new relations are detected first by a few (with the finest moral tentacles), afterwards by more, then they are consolidated in rules which begin to push aside the earlier moral code and in the end eliminate it."

    "They who decry the loss of masculinity the loudest, are certain of it in themselves the least."

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by fsir View Post
    Not a rebuttal.
    It wasn't meant to be.

    @fsir, you don't really know when I'm debating and when I'm simply just discussing or curious about something do you?
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    It wasn't meant to be.

    @fsir, you don't really know when I'm debating and when I'm simply just discussing or curious about something do you?
    In that case, I can't wait until you start actually debating.
    "The stress of nature never ends, but at a certain level still other driving forces originate which put the whip to the creative power of man with a multiplied force... The new relations are detected first by a few (with the finest moral tentacles), afterwards by more, then they are consolidated in rules which begin to push aside the earlier moral code and in the end eliminate it."

    "They who decry the loss of masculinity the loudest, are certain of it in themselves the least."

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    It wasn't meant to be.

    @fsir, you don't really know when I'm debating and when I'm simply just discussing or curious about something do you?
    In that case, I can't wait until you start actually debating. Any time you're ready.
    Ernest likes this.
    "The stress of nature never ends, but at a certain level still other driving forces originate which put the whip to the creative power of man with a multiplied force... The new relations are detected first by a few (with the finest moral tentacles), afterwards by more, then they are consolidated in rules which begin to push aside the earlier moral code and in the end eliminate it."

    "They who decry the loss of masculinity the loudest, are certain of it in themselves the least."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
web statistics
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1