Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 982
Like Tree582Likes

Thread: The Rise of The Alt Right

  1. #911
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    Yeah, somebody here asked me if "they're listening" when I was talking about how I wasn't only just talking to Neil but the whole world out there.

    So I guess I was right and that other member here is wrong.

    Everyone wants to be right, no one wants to be wrong......its part of our human curse IMHO.....Adherence or clinging to such behavior or belief or 'certainty of thought' simply reflects how easily we cave in to our Ego...

    All Humans desire acceptance....

    All Humans FEAR rejection....
    Ernest and HAL9000 like this.

  2. #912
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle, an ENTJ according to Celebrity Types.

    LOL....even Aristotle would have turned the channel if Molyneux was around back in the day.....
    Ernest likes this.

  3. #913
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by droneBEE View Post
    LOL....even Aristotle would have turned the channel if Molyneux was around back in the day.....
    I don't know, other places like Apricity won't mind if you're a Left Libertarian...and they won't make fun of you....

    ....now, think about the reverse, like talking about right-wing stuff on places like TZM/TVP/RBE.....
    "Change is almost always negative. Things degenerate." - Woody Allen

  4. #914
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by droneBEE View Post
    Forgetting about the present is counterproductive IMO, because the present, this very moment is all there is, is all we have any control over...it takes some practice but 'being in the now' or 'present' is the end goal anticipated when performing meditation....but if we anticipate or 'think' about it too much the benefits can be fleeting or nonexistent.....
    maybe I mean 'taking a break' from the present and all the distraction from it.

  5. #915
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    I don't know, other places like Apricity won't mind if you're a Left Libertarian...and they won't make fun of you....

    ....now, think about the reverse, like talking about right-wing stuff on places like TZM/TVP/RBE.....
    I thought anything Libertarian was always leaning more Right than Left on the political spectrum?
    droneBEE likes this.

  6. #916
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    Yeah, somebody here asked me if "they're listening" when I was talking about how I wasn't only just talking to Neil but the whole world out there.

    So I guess I was right and that other member here is wrong.
    Yeah, I figured out a while back that you're addressing an audience and not so much the person you're addressing, but on this board, I doubt much of anything said will ever been seen by more than a handful.

    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle, an ENTJ according to Celebrity Types.
    What is Alan Watt's type?


  7. #917
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by droneBEE View Post
    Everyone wants to be right, no one wants to be wrong.
    The way of the cross:

    "There is a wonderful security in admitting that you're wrong, then you're sure to be right. If you know you're wrong and make a great point of it and if you're suffering and paying a great punishment for being wrong, then you know it's ok. 'Oh I bless the good lord for my boils, for my mental and bodily pains; for without them my faith all congeals and I'm doomed to hell's ne'er ending flames.'"

    FWD to 39:37


  8. #918
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    509


    In the above Youtube video from 39:40 to 41:20, Lana Lokteff mentions something about The Alt-Right not being freaked out by words like socialism because it’s not your typical conservatism and left-wingers get confused from that. The guy in the interview then says something about being fine with certain types of welfare and socialism as long as it’s for White people. I believe Lana then differentiates the difference between socialism for the world versus socialism for the nation in that socialism for the world is communism.
    "Change is almost always negative. Things degenerate." - Woody Allen

  9. #919
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    The guy in the interview then says something about being fine with certain types of welfare and socialism as long as itís for White people.
    What do they do with the brown people? If white people need welfare, then they wouldn't seem very superior.

  10. #920
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    509


    Notice the slight difference.
    "Change is almost always negative. Things degenerate." - Woody Allen

Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
web statistics
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1