Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 138
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: How would it be decided who lives where?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by droneBEE View Post
    "Completely based on a monetary system" is an assumption forcing the question....have you read the book?
    Looking at it right now. Community ownership, land tax, basic income, farm profits, mortgages, ... Awareness how those economic changes (new paradigm) affect people (consciousness) and the earth (interconnections). The unitism website gives more or less the same as a summary.

    It does say that basic income, derived from community owned land rent, and removing profit from land ownership, gives everybody a place to live.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by SophicDrippins View Post


    Suppose I want to divorce my wife, who gets the kids? Toss a coin? Maybe we could replicate the kids and give them to each?
    Just cuz you picked a name for that first contract doesn't make them a piece of property.
    try a reboot
    droneBEE likes this.
    Everything Is Possible. Nothing Is True.
    (ψ = Σanψn)
    What do you know when the time is up and the door to the box is opened?
    It is not the consciousness of men that determines their existence, but their social existence that determines their consciousness.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmAnarchy View Post
    Just cuz you picked a name for that first contract doesn't make them a piece of property.
    try a reboot
    Not sure the point you're making.

    Parent and Child legal definition of Parent and Child

    We could debate all day about what to consider kids, but if they don't have the rights to live on their own, then someone has to own them.
    YouTuber likes this.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by SophicDrippins View Post

    Suppose I want to divorce my wife, who gets the kids? Toss a coin?
    Absolutely. you'd rather let judges or lawyers decide for you?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    Absolutely. you'd rather let judges or lawyers decide for you?
    Suppose you have to choose one of the two:

    1) Heads you live, tails you die.

    or

    2) You explain why you want to live and if it's reasonable, you get to live.

    Would you rather put your faith in your ability to reason and for someone to be reasonable or would you feel more confident in the coin flip?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by SophicDrippins View Post
    Suppose you have to choose one of the two:

    1) Heads you live, tails you die.

    or

    2) You explain why you want to live and if it's reasonable, you get to live.

    Would you rather put your faith in your ability to reason and for someone to be reasonable or would you feel more confident in the coin flip?
    I don't get your point. in what scenario would i have to choose to live or die?

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    in what scenario would i have to choose to live or die?
    The fictitious one I just described.

    I don't get your point.
    It's philosophical. Would you rather put your faith in your ability to reason and for someone to be reasonable or would you feel more confident in the coin flip?

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by SophicDrippins View Post
    The fictitious one I just described.



    It's philosophical. Would you rather put your faith in your ability to reason and for someone to be reasonable or would you feel more confident in the coin flip?
    I see your point you being an economist/philosopher.

    I don't deal with fictitious hypotheticals, in fact i couldn't care less what will happened in two minutes. i also don't reason nor do i think people have the ability to reason.

    "Man cannot think or reason" - Jacques fresco. have you read "the best that money can't buy"? if you want a copy send me a pm.

    I’m sure other people here would be happy to engage with your discussion(as they already did), but i don't know if i can contribute to that. I’ll be listening though because it is an interesting subject.
    droneBEE likes this.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    While i get your point, right now i don't see the necessity of 'spreading the word', or growing in numbers. if we want to live in a RBE society we should just go ahead and implement it, its that simple. the rest of the people can do whatever they want, if they love the current system - great, i don't see a problem with that.

    If it were 'simple' wouldn't it already be happening?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by SophicDrippins View Post
    Not sure the point you're making.

    Parent and Child legal definition of Parent and Child

    We could debate all day about what to consider kids, but if they don't have the rights to live on their own, then someone has to own them.
    I don't need all day, everyone and no one owns the kids, if there is a hungry, homeless kid somewhere, you and I own them. I am sure about the point.
    try a reboot.
    droneBEE likes this.
    Everything Is Possible. Nothing Is True.
    (ψ = Σanψn)
    What do you know when the time is up and the door to the box is opened?
    It is not the consciousness of men that determines their existence, but their social existence that determines their consciousness.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
web statistics
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1